Wednesday, January 04, 2012

To be led


Thoughts that keep tumbling in my mind today- 

Please let there be less of me and more of you.

Please give me wisdom for each situation that I face today. Help my answers to be the answers that you would give- help me to lose my sarcasm button for one day.

Help me to know that you are in control. No matter how things look to me I need the authentic leadership of your Spirit in my life. 

Many times when I cry out to HIM for wisdom it is not just for circumstances or situations but it also involves warm blooded people. People that can be hurt, misunderstood, misled, or caused to stumble.

I am led back to James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him."

Here it is in the amplified version-
If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of he giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

Here it is in "the images that come to my mind" version (not sold in bookstores across North America)-
If anyone is deficient in wisdom- (that is me standing with my little white flag before the Lord). The great promise of this scripture is that he says he gives to everyone liberally (think of your Grandma's mashed potato portions), and undgrudgingly (like when someone gives you the last cooking from the jar),  without reproaching (erase the ugly finger pointing face from your mind- pronto), or faultfinding (what a relief).

So He knows we need wisdom

He is waiting with the answers
He will not judge us, make a- "Wow you are so ignorant" list. Instead he is pleased that we have looked to him. He is ready and willing to be in daily relationship with us.

 God pour out your wisdom on all of us today. Help us to have ears to hear what your spirit is saying to us and the Godly Sense to carry it out. In Jesus Name- Amen

1 comment:

Ang said...

love it! especially the line which says he knows we need wisdom. glad he's not a mocking kind of guy!