Monday, October 11, 2010

This and That

I know that this picture has made it around blog-world but I just just it. It is a picture of Licia Ronzulli, Italy's MEP, attended a voting session of European Parliament with her baby girl in order to draw attention to women's rights. I love it because it reminds me that family and children are first. 

I have been MIA lately because:

Week before Last I was in Houston for the week representing MK Ministries at a Conference. MKs are missionary kids if you wonder why I always type those initials.

My parents had a beautiful retirement reception in Houston. I was so thankful for many friends that showed up. They felt humbled and honored all at once. If you like any one spec of me it is because I have amazing parents.

Friday evening we had a pizza bash for MKs- 225 present. Saturday we marched in the Foreign Missions service with 120 MKs. Beautiful sight. 

I flew home on Monday and Monday night my brother and his family arrived to stay for a week. It has been honey to my soul. SO good to be with them. We all love to laugh, talk, and just have fun so it has been good times abounding.

Wednesday Night my parents drove down so they were in the area. We got together with them on Thurs, Friday, and Saturday Nights. 

We helped Saturday with the New Life Church booth at Cabot fest. It was awesome to see a gentleman that came by the booth at service on Sunday. The girls (Steve's two) and my two went with their Nana and Papa to the air show. It was such a treat for them. Since my Dad was a pilot- he is a great person to go to airshows with. 

Yesterday we were at the 9AM, 11AM services. It was a great day of honoring Pastor Tim and Stacy Gaddy. They are quality people in every since of the word. We returned for the 4PM Spanish Bible Study. We had a meeting at 7 PM and capped off the weekend with frozen yogurt for all at the 3 flamingos frozen yogurt in Cabot.  

Steve and Kari are currently driving back from LA today and will be here tonight.

I say all of this to say this. It is easy in the hustle and bustle of it all to forget that while I organize, plan, entertain, cook, go out to eat, talk, work, our children need us. 

Don't let your kids get pushed in the background of your life. Keep them in the forefront- and also keep their underwear washing up to date- even if you have to do it from 3 AM - 4 AM :) That my friends is a free tip!

-------------------

This past week we also found out Emma's allergies are not changing with her medicine. So last night we gave Pringle to an amazing mother and daughter combo from our church. They had to put their dog down this past week- so once again GOD's timing is perfect.

------------------

Thanks bloggy buddies for putting up with sporadic post. Love you and wish we could all sit and sip pumpkin spice lattes together for a day! OK maybe for 2 hours. We don't want to roll away with all of that sugary goodness!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Love you, my friend! I pray for you and your family...so glad you had some family time this past week. We MKs know how to treasure that time. :)

Since I finally found a 'do-able' recipe for pumpkin spice lattes, I've been enjoying them throughout my week. Yummy!

Girly Muse said...

Goodness, I feel worn out just reading this. So glad you've had good times and cherished family time. Hope you can now rest for a while and soak up the quiet for the next round. Love you.