Monday, October 25, 2010

Lemon- The huge multitasker

Lemons are amazing multitaskers. I love when I find weird things I can do with normal household items -so here is lemons list- feel free to comment your own.

1. To remove stains from a cutting board, rub them with juice, let sit for 20 minutes and rinse.
2. Keep apple and pear slices from browning.
3.Brighten whites by adding a 1/2 cup to your wash cycle.
4. Clean tile grout with lemon juice and a teaspoon of cream of tartar, then rinse.
5. Feed flowers (and kill bacteria) with the juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon sugar, and a drop of bleach per gallon.
6. Put out a lemon at a party to collect used toothpicks. (Put one in ahead of time as a hint)
7. Whiten fingernails by rubbing them with a lemon wedge.
8. Freshen your garbage disposal by putting cut up lemon wedges and running it.
9. To clear sticky cheese from a grater, wipe both sides with a wedge of lemon.
10. Bleach those horrible stains from tea, spaghetti sauce etc- by putting lemon juice on it and let it dry in a sunny location- then wash.

That is about the only 10 things I can come up with for lemon. When I think of lemons for some reason I think of joy. I guess they make me happy- so I am closing out with:

The Lord has done great things for us! We are glad! Psalm 126:3

If you love tips like the above- you will love the Real Simple website. I LOVE that magazine.

Happy Monday Bloggy Buddies!

PS- Thanks for all the notes and concern for Emma. She is doing 100% better. She is currently sitting and doing homework as she will be back to school tomorrow. Tomorrow is her follow-up check up. Again- thanks for your concern. You made a rough week warm with your kindness!

1 comment:

Kathy McElhaney said...

You forgot the obvious - make lemonade!!!