Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Things I found out in 2009


1. I still am passionate about my God, husband, my darling girls, Missionary Kids and Diet Coke.

2.The weight that I was going to lose in 2009 – um that did not happen. I am still fluffy and cute though.

3. Some days are rough- but I have a variety of cute helmets.

4. My friends are amazing. They are funny, smart, caring, classy, and there for me.

5. I am amazed that God brings new people into my life that I need right at the right time.

6. It’s okay to stay in your PJs some days.

7. Some of the best things in life are free. Watching your kids worship, pray, sing, hugs, homemade cards, and sticky kisses.

8. The Lord still amazes me that he can speak to me in seconds what takes months to learn.

9. I am only as good as my resources.

10. When making banana pudding don’t use skim milk.

11. Brick oven pizza has the best crust.

12. Kids are pretty resilient, they can say goodbye, move, change schools, churches, make new friends and still smile at the end of the day. They have huge hearts.

13. Daily Devotionals with your kids are mandatory. They are not an option. The best time to make sure that they happen is at dinner. It is amazing what they will share if you give them the time.

14. Old contact lenses make for blurry days.

15. When you move- keep your toothpaste and underwear close to you at all times. Losing them on the moving truck does not make for a comfortable two days.

16. Even in a recession- investing in people still brings back the best dividends.

17. Captain Crunch cereal still taste the same as it did when I was 8 years old.

18. I still don’t know how to fold a fitted sheet.

19. I am 41; act like I am 31, but most morning’s look 51. Math is hard.

20. I am still amazed that people read this blog. Every comment, sweet thing that is said, encouragement, notes, prayer that has been made is so appreciated. This is my 442nd blog. Huge hugs and thanks! Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Girly Muse said...

Oh, this is good stuff. Very good information, indeed!

Love you so much. So happy to be back in your life in 2009.

Danan said...

Love all of these posts! Love you! And think you're the best! Amazing what one can discover over the course of a year~ Keep Smiling~

Kathy McElhaney said...

#12 you could have substituted your name. Cylinda, you are resilient! And you have a huge heart! So glad to know you.

Amy said...

Loving the "fluffy and cute" comment...too funny! I think we ALL feel this way right around the new year!

Happy new year to you and your family. May God bless your 2010.

Paula said...

Love the list!

Happy New Year!