Sunday, January 03, 2010

Where did that Cylinda go?


We had an amazing service today at NLC today. It was one of those soul searching, get your rear moving sermons that makes you want to do more for God in 2010.

This afternoon I have been doing some ignoring of work, children, husband, emails, and went to a place of partial quietness. This caused me to reflect on some things from my past.

As I was doing some soul searching- I began to wonder where I had lost the Cylinda that was such an avid witness to those around her.

I remember that I found her at times in Charlotte- but really where is the Cylinda that-

Taught 26 Bible Studies in Nassau one summer
Would pray for people in a mall, grocery store, or library (shh has a whole new meaning)
Left her job for four months to teach classes in four islands
Won her co-worker to the Lord in high school?
Won another co-worker at a job in the US?

What happens? Life gets in the way. Our priorities change- then a new routine happens.
I remember that it was habit of mine to tell our waitress we are getting ready to pray for our food- is there anything that we can pray about in your life? It served as such a door opener. Even that once sentence has been removed from my meals.

Has the value of a soul wained in God's eyes? Absolutely not
Has the value of a soul wained in my eyes? I wonder

I hesitate to type my heart because I don't want to be this raw and vulnerable. But surely if we really believe what we live should we not be sharing it?

He is not seeking a powerful people to represent HIM. Rather, He looks for all those who are weak, foolish, despised, and written off: and He inhabits them with His own strength. -- Graham Cooke

It is the duty of every Christian to be Christ to his neighbor. --Martin Luther

If your Gospel isn't touching others, it hasn't touched you!
--Curry R. Blake

God help me in 2010 to reach at least 1 for you!

5 comments:

Rachel Coltharp said...

Sweet C,
Do not sell yourself short dear one, for where is the C that is raising her girls to be Godly women, where is the C that is dedicating her efforts to helping missionary kids all around the world, where is the C that is shining the love of Christ in her marriage? Right here... that is where she is.

So do more, as God leads you, yes. But do not downplay the MINISTRY you have here... and now.

Your Servant,
R

Cylinda Nickel said...

That is why I love you Miss Rachel-

Thanks- but 2010 is the year of more for me!

C

Andrea said...

Many times we plant seeds that others water. Often, we do not get to see the end result. Living a life for Christ is a bigger example than we sometimes realize.

Praying we all become everything GOD created us to be this year,

andrea

PS: I have a prayer request on arise 2 write.

Cylinda Nickel said...

Andrea- Praying for your Aunt Mary- God is able to touch her!

Tiffany Bracken: said...

Thank you Cylinda for the reminder. I know just the feeling. It is almost like we get so busy working for God that we forget to witness about God. I am with you! 2010 is a year of more (except weight and then I am looking for a year of less! In Jesus' name!).