Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Thank you seems like 8 little letters


To all of my bloggy buddies....The way I feel about you can be summarized in this great little story...

A man came out of a store and saw a young boy hanging around his new car. Suspicious of the boy he asked, "What are you doing?" "Studying this car," the boy replied. "Yeah, sure," the man thought. So he began to quiz the boy. "What kind of car is it?" he asked. "A 1999 Mercedes Benz." "What color?" "Metallic burgundy."

After a few more questions, the man realized the little guy knew what he was talking about, and they began to chat. The boy asked how much he paid for the car. The man replied, "Nothing. I had a need and my brother gave it to me."

"I wish..." the boy started.

"...that you had a brother like that?" the man inter­rupted.

"No," said the boy. "I wish I could be a brother like that."

Many of you have gone the extra mile in my life and been that "brother" to me!

Happy Wednesday.....and Thank you!

2 comments:

cltgrace said...

Nice. A simple, yet powerful story that grabbed me heart.

It reminds me of a favorite Mary Engelbreit print "I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me; I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day
As you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way." Edgar Guest

Cylinda Nickel said...

That is awesome.

I say we need that St. Louis reunion soon girl!!