Monday, October 29, 2007

Update and Cylinda vs. Rent a Cop!


Hey you guys- Kool Aid Man is here-

How scary would that have been really- A huge jug of Kool-Aid busting through the wall. Nightmare City I would say.

So Bettie (My Mother In Law) is on day 31 of being in the hospital. Today I went at lunch and they are putting her into ICU. She does not know anyone and is really having a battle. They are doing further testing and should know more tomorrow. Right now they feel that she is having heart failure in the right side of her heart.
--------------------------------
Emma’s Toenail did finally fall off the Thursday- Gross me right out the door. She brought it home in a baggie and wanted to put it under her pillow for the Toenail fairy- Who by the way has still not shown up- So if you have kids with teeth that have fallen out and the tooth fairy is on her way to your house- can you ask where the toe nail fairy has been- Thanks-
-------------------------------
I found out the reason Emma was vomiting non stop on Wed. Night is that John was giving her 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the antibiotic instead of tsp. Thanking the Lord that she DID vomit, and Thanking the Lord for a husband who helps me out when others are dead beat Dads!

------------------------------

My Mom flew in on Saturday (for which I about sang the Hallelujah Chorus from beginning to end) and leaves tomorrow- for which I am saying Thank you Jesus. John is in Augusta, GA and won’t be back until Friday Night. I fly out on Saturday am to Fort Lauderdale to meet with Brother Howell, Carla Burton, and Mark Hattabaugh about MK Ministries…then I fly home on Saturday Night.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday’s Funny Story-

So you know that things have been stressful at our house lately. On Friday Seanna was being honored at her class for being a “Terrific Kid” We had to be at school by 6:45-7:00 AM to get her special breakfast and award ceremony. We leave the house at 6:45. I am going separate from John as I have to leave right after Seanna’s award and get to work as my boss was out in the am.

I get to school after about getting smashed by a school bus....drive into a dirt lot -did I mention it was pouring rain? I find out my umbrella’s are all in John’s car. I run to the sidewalk-and had the sidewalk- Cop – wanna be- car line director yell at me for not waiting for him to signal me to walk. I look back and see my car lights are on. I run back. Get my heel stuck In the mud and hit my body- falling face first into the car. He now yells by the way your car lights are on- I am like thank you (while thinking I know moron why do you think I just endangered myself by running back) I then wait for him to signal me over. I get to the outside of the cafeteria and am banging on the door for someone to let me in. The Principal comes to the door and tells me that I have to go to the office and get a visitor sticker and sign in. I am drenched and my hair can be rung out by this time.

I go to the office sign in and get my stupid silver sticker (alliteration rocks) and head to the cafeteria. They have already started. I go in the line and get a cold donut and warm white milk (yuck) and sit down with John and Seanna (who is just shaking her head at me). Why are you so late? I am so embarrassed.

Oh really I said? (Thinking evil thoughts as I shoot the principal a look). Seanna Nickel- you have been awarded this award on behalf of your classmates……I jump up…take the picture… Tell her I am proud of her. Give her a kiss…put her award in my purse and go out the back door. I walk by the principal and smile widely as I go out the ILLEGAL DOOR.

I am hoping they don’t reprobate Seanna for her Mother’s behavior. I walk back into the rain (who cares are this point) Get close to my car and the same Wanna be Cop says- you know you didn’t have to go back to your car before- your lights went off on their own as soon as you got there.

I prayed for peaceful thoughts as I smiled sweetly and said. You have been the most helpful person today – Thank you! (In my best southern sugary sweet accent). Have I mentioned I don’t have a southern accent? You didn’t know that? Neither did Mr. Law.

I got back in my car and cursed out Ponch and John from every past Chips episode I had ever seen That is when I snuck over to my friend’s house on Friday Nights in the islands.

Go get a real job cop boy now I have to get to work!

No comments: