Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Suitcases- Check, Keys- Check, Brain- I knew I forgot something!


What is up with me and my packing skills? (Or lack of them) From the time I was 4 I have been in out of suitcases more than I can remember. They are my friend and they are my enemy.

I have hid in suitcases, poured my heart out to them, wailed when I can't stuff anymore into one, and even kicked a few. Missionary Kids have a love hate relationship with their suitcase.

This trip I forgot- PJs for Seanna and coats for all three of us.

I have been known to leave on adventures without toothbrushes, hairbrushes, hair elastics, underwear, bras, contacts, glasses, all of my tops, shoes, belts or dress clothes for my husband. You name it- I have forgotten it.

I think it is because I pack when I have had little to no sleep. That is my excuse and I am sticking too it.

I began to think about it and thought....hmm I must not be the only one- when you get to your room they have a cool little sign that says. Did you forget something? Call our front desk and they will supply you with your missing toiletries.

I was too arrogant when I glanced at that sign last night. When I got back to my room- the things that I forgot became apparent- ummm PJs- who needs them- sleep in a T-shirt. Coats- it's going to be in the 70's this week.

My brain- um that might be too far gone.

I will probably be missing in action most of the week. I am in Alexandria, LA at Because of the Times. Carla Burton and myself will be teaching the 12 and under MKs and HMKs. I am so excited. Please say a prayer for these 35 amazing kids! We want this to be an amazing week for them. I have already had 3 text me (yep the 12 year olds) wanting to know when this started. They were so upset that they had to wait until 6 PM :)

Have a great week- and if you are packing - don't forget your essentials!

1 comment:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I spent so many years going to youth camp that I'm always triple checking my essentials. Then I tell myself, "You're not going to the wilderness, you'll be able to find a Target!" and quit worrying about. Coats would be the exception! And shoes, since my kid size shoes are not easily replaced.

Have an amazing week! I know you'll be a blessing to the MKs and HMKs!