Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let it rain...


So today there are flash flood warnings all across Arkansas. I woke up and opened up every blind in the house to let the cloudy light in. I prayed that the LORD today would open up my mind, give me creativity for so many things that need to be done.

I felt such a great freedom today in prayer- a freedom that made me almost giddy. I was ready to face the day. I knew that I had been given just the right amount of strength for what I had to do today.

Yesterday- I had two separate people send me the same scripture- pretty amazing huh? I love when God does cool things like that. I thought it interesting that in the Message it is called a Pilgrim's song. I have told my Mom more than once I would have been a great pilgrim. Traveling and exploring are in my blood.

Psalm 121 (The Message)

Psalm 121
A Pilgrim Song
1-2 I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

3-4 He won't let you stumble,
your Guardian God won't fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel's
Guardian will never doze or sleep.

5-6 God's your Guardian,
right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
sheltering you from moonstroke.

7-8 God guards you from every evil,
he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
he guards you now, he guards you always.

Isn't it great to know that GOD guards us? He guards our heart, our minds, our thougths- and just well....us.

Love you bloggy buddies!

No comments: