Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Immersed


So have you ever been immersed in something? I have been immersed in life lately.

The house being on the market (getting ready for showings in a flash)

MK Ministries (Re-Entry program, lots of needs, my computer crashing)

My Computer Crashing (Oh did I mention that already :) I have been speaking to people from every country but the US- I am currently waiting on my new one)

My Hubby (super stressed out with work- working on midnight cut-overs a lot)

My Girls (school is almost out, raising them to be Godly ladies)

I am immersed in life.
No turning back.
No coming up for air.
I wouldn't have it any differently.

But am I fully immersed in Him?
In caring for others?
For stopping to minister to those that need me?

I have been earnestly praying as of late that I would seek him first and daily
That my motives
My cries
My thoughts
My visions
My desires
Would all be based in Him.
Not the regular Christan Swim- but to be fully immersed in Him.


I don't want to dabble in Christianity
I want to dive in
To throw out the life ring- let it go
and to really ride his waves

It is a scary, weird, lonely, exciting, strange feeling.

Is there a time in our walk with God that we have turn our back on safe Christianity? The kind that is great for Sundays but quickly forgotten on Mondays?

I know what I am to do.
I know the areas that he has been dealing with me on.
I am scared out of my mind to do them.
But unless I fully immerse myself in him
His Words
His Commands
I won't be happy anyway
I have to do it
Plunge in
Tred His Water

Proverbs 16- The Message

1 Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.

2 Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good;
God probes for what is good.

3 Put God in charge of your work,
then what you've planned will take place.

4 God made everything with a place and purpose;
even the wicked are included—but for judgment.

5 God can't stomach arrogance or pretense;
believe me, he'll put those upstarts in their place.

6 Guilt is banished through love and truth;
Fear-of-God deflects evil.

7 When God approves of your life,
even your enemies will end up shaking your hand.

8 Far better to be right and poor
than to be wrong and rich.

9 We plan the way we want to live,
but only God makes us able to live it.

---------------------

There is such a deep calling in the spirit right now for us to get to the next level.
Put aside your self
Your plans
Dive in
Get fully immersed
See what he has in store for you

We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it!

1 comment:

amberle said...

I just wrote something to this effect in my blog.I think sometimes we get so caught up doing things for HIM that we forget to take time out to just be with HIM.
I love this blog....it speaks tomy heart at this very moment.....because life is overwhelming right now....and your words ring very true.

Don't ever stop blogging, your blogs are always a blessing to me.

Love ya!!