Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Do you have a Missy in your life?


I do- Her name is Missy Mathis

She is nothing short of incredible. She is not the loud one in the crowd. She is the quiet one that has a great smile. As a friend -she is a listener, a caregiver, a burden bearer, and a lifter of your loads. She gives smiles, sends cards at the the right time, and gives long distance hugs. She has a knack of making all of the people around her feeling like a million dollars.

Today is Missy's Birthday.

Missy I want to let you know that I feel truly blessed that God used Everyone's Connected to bring you back in my life. When no one else read my blog -you did. I remember when I was going to quit blogging (I did not tell anyone) and you wrote a note to me that said that my blog had ministered to you personally in a situation. I cried that day. To think that God would use my tiny words to minister from North Carolina all the way to Illinois. But that is how you are- you are an encourager, a strength giver, and a true friend.

When I lost the baby you reached out to me in a way that I can't even describe. I still remember calling you after that horrible Drs visit and how your words gave strength. You are a true healing friend. When when we lost John's Mom you checked on me daily.

I know that your life has not been easy. You have lost many that have been close to you- yet you still are big enough to reach other to others. When the average would have given up, looked inward, and shut down- you still reach out and love others.

I thank you for being you. An amazing Mom, a wonderful wife- but most of all a woman of God.

Your Birthday gift is late- it is being mailed out tomorrow- but my wishes to you are going out today. Don't ever think of yourself as normal, average, just ordinary.
Those are words will never describe you- for you are a true treasure to all those that meet you!

So today I want to tell you Happy Birthday Missy! I love you- You are a true friend!

2 comments:

Girly Muse said...

Happy Birthday, Missy!

You're so blessed to have each other. Two true blue people...

Love you both.

amberle said...

Yes, I have a missy....her name is lyn though. :)