Monday, April 13, 2009
Things I am secretly afraid of....
1. The curtain opening - I am in a play- and I don't know one line. I dream this constantly.
2. Not graduating from high school- even though I did graduate several years ago. I also dream this constantly and it makes no sense. I was an A/B student.
3. Having bad smelling towels and guest use them and put me in their "do not return" book.
4. That I will forget all of the great details of my life.
5. Three ring binders. I have been attacked people.
6. When rugs get stuck in vacuums. I panic as I vacuum rugs.
7. That everyone will expect me to entertain them at dinner, parties, or outings. Cause they usually do. I am not that witty people.
8. Forgetting the words to songs while singing solos at church- it has happened before and I had to make up an entire verse. The music leader asked for it again- and I had to make up another whole verse.
9. That my girls will never visit St. Croix- when that is still my "home" in my heart of hearts.
10. Eating food a new restaurants. I have severe allergies to fish and it is in all kinds of sauces. I also have this scene that plays over and over in my head that John will shove the epipen in my leg and it won't deploy.
11. That I will be eaten by a Venus Flytrap. My brother had one when I was little and I saw it eat bugs. I realize I am not a bug- but can still see huge Venus Flytraps ready to inhale me.
12. Piers, walkways, stairs with slatted boards. I realize that I can't fall between the cracks- but my brain does not. I still remember crawling over the dock in St. Croix at the age of 6 while my 10 year old brother was laughing his head off. I still have heart spasms if I have to do it.
Okay I have no idea why I felt to get these silly things off my chest today. But there you have it- 12 silly things I am secretly afraid of...............