Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mom- I have Fifth Disease but I am 6- April 2nd


So Emma's face has been a little rosy lately- but I am thinking it is because she is getting a new molar in. I write a note to the teacher (ever the great parent that I am)

I am 15 minutes down the road. Cell phone rings.
Mrs Nickel.
Yes
Can you come and get Emma right now please?
What is wrong?
She has a rash going down her arm. It is bad.

I call John- John I am stuck in traffic can you get her.
Yes

I call the Dr to make an appt- they can see her at 9:30

In the car I pray, and try not to think of dreadful thoughts.
We were at John's Mom's house last night
What if she took that little tea set Penny gave her and drank water out of it?
What is a spider bit her?
What if she at food out of a container mice walked in?
What if she has the disease that killed my brother?
What if?????

Finally I tell myself out loud in the car (yes I did)
STOP CYLINDA- God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

I call John- call me as soon as the Dr tells you what it is.

Okay

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Cell phone rings
it is John
No It's Emma

Mom-
Yes Emma- are you okay?
yes Mom- I have Fifth disease but I am actually 6.
My frantic fingers google Fifth disease.
Will she live?

Let me talk to your Dad Emma
Okay
John- what is it?
It's not a big deal- he explains what it is- google is confirming it while he talks

I can feel the weight leaving my chest, shoulders, and mind.

Thank you God.
90% of your worries never happen
Today I was just not sure if it was a 10% day!

No comments: