Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Walk with Me- December 14, 2007


So…..

Today the Lord challenges me with three simple words- Walk With Me.

I cry as I type them.

I don’t want to walk. I want to sit at your feet and rest.

NO walk with me.

I don’t want to walk. I am still hurt

Your bruises will heal when you move

I don’t want to move- I want to pause, sit still, and not be noticed

Be obedient and Walk with me

No- I have been stripped of everything- I am off balance and I have lost my coordination- walking requires coordination

Walk with me

I can’t- what if I don’t know what that path is

I am walking with you

But I like this spot of the grass- remember you brought me here by the quiet bench to sit

Walk

Remember how when I sat I started seeing the ugly scars that I did not even know where there, the horrible things I had shoved to the back part of my heart, the pride issues I had, the workaholic tendencies that paralyze me? Remember? Remember when I paused- I was still and saw the hard glances that were coming my way- how I was hurt ...and you said I needed to rest? Well I don’t know if I want those hard glances again.

IT is time

No – it is not, my legs are Jell-O, my heart can’t take the pressure of the walk, and my faith is a little rough around the edges.

Shabbiness is what I desired- You have gotten it wrong for so long- you can’t even see the rightness in this- My grace has always been sufficient for you- but you would never bask in it. You had to have movement to push out the sound of the crowd- but that also pushed out the sound of me.

Well see all the more I don’t need to move- I need to sit and still listen
.
You are ready!!

Ready for What? What if I fail? What if I get hurt? What if I get shoved? What if I can't really hear? Have you thought about that?

No-

NO?

That is right- because now you understand- none of this is about you- It’s all about me. For I place you where I need you, for when I need you, and it is my hand that repositions you. And I say walk.

Maybe if I just take baby steps

You will get the hang of it

What if the grass that I was sitting at needs me?

It will be fine.

What if they hate me?

They won’t. Again- It’s not about you- It’s about you letting them see me!

I’m Scared

I am with you always

What if you loose my address?

I am by your side.

Do you really have doors you are going to open up before me?

Yes

Really?

Yes

And they are ready to spring open?

Yes

Then what are we waiting for- Let me just brush myself off- This is your idea right?

Yes

Am I stalling?

Yes

Do you ever say anything else but yes?

Yes- Don’t you remember over the past couple of years when you cried pleaded, promised, begged and I said no? Now I am saying yes!

Psalms 37: 23-25
23. The Steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord:
And he delighteth in his way.
24. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:
For the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
25. I have been young, and now am old: Yet have I
Not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

No comments: