Thursday, January 10, 2008

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star


Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

How I wonder what you are

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

How I wonder what you are

We have sang this song since we were toddlers- But did you know that God calls you to twinkle? Twinkle? Are you kidding?

Look at Phil. 2:15

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

You are called to twinkle in this dark world. Whether you know it or not – HE is (or should be shining through you). You might say- but my batteries are low, I haven’t changed my bulb in a while, I don’t have the energy for this right now. YOU DON”T HAVE TO- It’s HIS LIGHT- not yours. (again- it’s not about you)

You are called to be an influencer- to your co-workers, to those you see in the grocery store line, to the lady who gives you coffee every day at Starbucks, to the children God has given you, to the people that you go to church with. YOU can make a difference in their life.

One of my all time favorite books is: Lifegiving: Discover the Secrets to a Beautiful life- by Tammy Maltby.

She talks about being a “Lifegiver” in your friendships, your home (hospitality) and making it a lifestyle.

So often times we are SO FOCUSED inward- about our problems, our situations, our hurts, our needs- we coop ourselves under a box- and refuse to shine-

TODAY- Get out there- fluff your hair and TWINKLE!!

It’s all about him !!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Thank you for being a lifegiver to me. And for giving me extra days to put the Culture Shock together with then loving me when I STILL don't make the deadline.

Jim and Linda Poitras said...

Thank you for being the star shining in the hearts and lives of our missionary kids!