Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I don't know about you? December 18th, 07


I don't know about you...but I am so behind- I have seen the back side of my skirt all week!! I finally (I think) have all of the gifts bought!! Hallelujah!!

Last night I was cleaning until 12:30AM getting the downstairs decorated, and organized again. I wish I had the gene that lets you not get into panic attacks when your home is in dis-array....but I don't!! It is like I can't rest mentally until I know things are in order (there is therapy for people like me). Monday Night at the Nickels- is family night.

I declared family night (to everyones dismay) as cleaning up before your have your little party on Friday Night- Night.

Wow- it went over with glee, dancing, and merriment (not). They were whining, groaning, complaining, their legs hurt, they had to do homework, they had an earache, they had a scratch on their pinky finger (literally this is what I heard). I was like - Wow- I guess we are not doing your party this year- WOW they flew into gear

----

I thought of my life- The grumbles, The complaints, The back-chat to the Lord when he tells me to get into HIS WORD more, or spend more than my usual time in prayer. Are you kidding? Have you seen my laundry? I can't even find clean underwear for the kids- STUDY? What? What do you need me to STUDY for? I am not speaking anywhere? The Christmas tree is not even up.

We grumble, complain, whine, until we stop- and do what HE says- As soon as we do it - we feel so much better.

Last week- like I blogged- The lord was dealing with me to Just let go... and Walk with him- basically enjoy the journey. This week he has been dealing with me about DIGGING INTO HIS WORD. I am like I read every day. Remember- that's me Cylinda- the one you see reading. But that is not enough during this season of my life- for some reason he is urging, pressing, prodding me on to dig deeper. So I might as well do it. When you do (even if it is at 12:30 AM) you get the best nuggets that give you strength for the next day.

So here is some really great news!
Matthew 6:34 (The Message)

Planning for tomorrow is time well spent; worrying about tomorrow is time wasted. Worriers are consumed by fear and find it difficult to trust God. They let their plans interfere with their relationship with God. Don’t let worries about tomorrow affect your relationship with God today.

No comments: