Friday, October 05, 2007

Stange conversations in the car- Part 797 (other 796 not listed)


This Week:
So this has been another crazy week in the Nickel Household. In fact I have been running on here to check emails and that is about it! I left General Conference early on Saturday Morning to come home so that John could be at the hospital with his Mom. She fell late Saturday afternoon and broke her right hip and wrist. She was not stable enough (heart wise and blood wise) to have surgery until yesterday. She is on the road to recovering. She is in ICU-she lost a lot of blood during the surgery etc but is doing as well as can be expected.

So needless to say this would not have been the week I would have picked nor would John have picked to be in Augusta Ga. He had a project there with work- No one else in trained in this project and it had to be done. So I have been doing the single Mom thing this week. My time is spent at work, hospital at lunch, get girls, hospital in evenings - homework being done on the way to and from the hospital etc.

SO I say all of that to say this....I needed a good laugh today. Emma has been obsessed with babies lately. Babies particularly before they are born. She also has been obsessed with Diet Coke (I don't know where she gets that from). So today she was telling Seanna in the back seat. When I was in Momma's Belly she loved me so much she would feed me Diet Coke in a straw through her belly button to me. She didn't do that for you did she? Seanna was so mad she was like - first of all you can't drink that way, and second of all you can only drink milk if you were a baby. She said well she let me have Diet Coke and then sometimes Choc. milk. I was laughing so hard I about spit Diet Coke all over the steering wheel.

They continue
Emma: Well I know that when I have my babies you had better put on a good Baby shower for me.
Seanna: I am not doing that because I am not a good organizer.
Emma: Well you have to you are my sister.
Seanna: Mom will do it for you.
Emma: (ignoring the fact that Seanna did not want to do the baby shower for her) ...get your notebook out here is what I want at my shower-
Seanna: Seanna continued to ignore her.
Emma: If you don't get your notebook out right now you are not going to be allowed to be my kids Aunt.
Seanna:I have to be their Aunt. I was born that way!

They are 6 and 8. Today I want to be either 6 or 8- I think I choose 6. I don't want to be at the 6 ugly stage through where I have already lost my teeth. I want to be 6 and have my baby teeth.

There it's settled!

1 comment:

callmelacie said...

LOL! That is so adorable. It would be fun to throw her a "baby shower" for a baby doll. We did that with my little cousin when she was around 5 or 6. For her birthday we got her a new baby doll, some accessories and clothes and a baby name book...we made it a baby shower style party. It was so fun. She was so proud.