Friday, October 12, 2007

Choose Life- October 6th


"I have set before you life and death, blessings and cursings. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God. Listen to His voice and hold fast to Him." Deuteronomy 30:19-20

So I sit in front of my laptop- ignoring my 100 things to do- to look up a scripture that has been on my mind all day today- Found in Deuteronomy 30:19 and 20. CHOOSE LIFE- you affect your destiny so much by your choices.

I can be mad at God that things don't go my way or that they seem to take forever to happen or I can
Choose Life

I can cry and be depressed that my life won't fit in a neat box or I can
Choose Life

I can compare myself to others who I feel have it all together and are being used of God or I can
Choose Life

I can become bitter about things thrown into my path. Things that have left me flat on my face crying before the Lord in a pit of loneliness or I can
Choose Life

Today I choose life

As I sat at the hospital with John’s Mother today at the hospital with my two daughters I thought about life. How as a family we have fought for hers. I thanked the Lord for every minute she has shared with us. For seven years ago they told us after being in ICU for three months that she had a 3% chance of survival. I saw my husband and my Sister in Law- choose life. I saw them in faith stand in the gap for my Mother-In Law and pray her into existance.

Since June she has been in the hospital 5 weeks on and off. I have seen her battles, I have heard her cry out in pain, I have watched as my girls have prayed to God for their Grammie. I saw them Choosing Life on her behalf.

Today I saw life pouring out of her as the blood transfusion she was receiving was going wrong. We left the room as they tried once again to get another IV started. Life – Blood. For she will not live without blood, or more hemoglobin- even as we cannot live without it.

Life= Him. He shed his blood so that I could have life. I thought as we came back into the room (as they were trying to scrub, clean, remove the spilled blood around her) about those that must have wanted to clean Jesus's blood off of their rough uniforms when they came home that night. The frantic feeling they must have had as the stain would not leave. Even as they scrubbed they must have thought of the pain that they inflicted to His body, and the love that shined down in His eyes for them. For you see He choose death- for them, for you, and for I …that we might have life.

Is the path always smooth? No! Some days you may have rocks in your dryer or pebbles in your sandles but you have life. You have Him. For any man who is in Christ is a new creature- behold old things are past away and all things are become new (whole, full of life)

Today I don’t know the questions, pain, disappointments, joys, delays, hurts, thoughts that you are filled with- but in every aspect of your walk- CHOOSE LIFE. He gave it to you freely.

For he has come that you might have LIFE and have it more abundantly. In closing I love the last part of the verse- Listen to His voice…Hold FAST TO HIM. I don’t know who you are – but I am praying for you right now. HOLD FAST. CHOOSE LIFE. DON’T LET GO. The answer is right around the corner and your name is about to be changed from Jacob to Israel!

No comments: