Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The President and MN Camp ~ Juen 26, 2007


As I mentioned in my earlier blog I went to Minnesota camp for Thursday Night's Service. It was great. Hot but great. I was waiting on the Lord to move on me so much that my hose would fly off but that never happened! Brother Gleason did an outstanding job of ministering. The kids choir was so cute it almost made you want to have more kids (almost). The praise and worship was great, and those people- teens and children included know how to worship!!

Brother and Sister Thacker were kind enough to allow me to come to Camp Gallalee and represent MK Ministries to raise monthly support. It was so great to be back, so see so many family and friends. Just way to short.

I was especially happy to see all of Lears, Carma and her gang, The Wheats, the Merricks, the Taylors (thank you Reece), The Thompsons, The Barcuses, The Kaskes, The Reeses, Missy, Christina, Stephanie, Marybeth, and on and on and on.

It is amazing the memories that fly back into your head when you go back to a spot that means so much....

...your first date to the concession stand.
...waiting for the dismissal light to come on
...being a dorm mother
...getting the dirty sock award for dirtiest dorm
...praying so hard at the alter that you thought your eyes would pop out
...putting sea-weed in peoples sleeping bags (the horror)
...eating food and candy from the concession stand
...skipping devotion just to read someones private diary (or so I heard)
...most of all just being with Jesus and your friends all at once.

I was reminded of a conversation that I had when I was 5 years old. We were at Sandy and Lester Lear's house. The radio was on and it became quiet. I was in the room with Dad, Lester, Mike, and Steve. They announced that President Nixon would no longer be our president.

I ran from our room into the living room and announced to Sandy and my Mom. Mom you'll never believe this...our president just turned into a peach.

............

And for all of you who read my Emma stories....Now you know the rest of the story....she comes by it honestly!

No comments: