Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jumping to conclusions while wearing baggy pants and Nike sneakers....July 9,2007


Sunday morning...while at our hotel breakfast area...I see a heard of people walking in. I told John and the girls- you had better run to the buffet and get what you want- hungry mouths are entering. There were like 15 people in one group. I am a HUGE PEOPLE watcher and was excited from the top of my head to the tips of my toes when they walked in as they spelled- excitement in Capital letters.

They all ordered OJ/Coffee/Hot Tea etc. then headed to the buffet. The first guy came out asking for plates (they were on the side) they were cutting in front of each other to get to the food. Then they were mounding their plates to the point of toppling over. There one guy who looked to be about 15 or 16 and he had on the baggy pants that have to be pulled up every 5 seconds to stay on. He was balancing his big plate, tiny plate, and having to stop and pull his pants up about every 4 steps. This was priceless.

Then there were the ladies who had one or two pieces of fruits. Then the other ladies that were like forget the diet bring on the bacon. One lady had about a 1/2 of plate of bacon and the other half filled with biscuits.

They finally make it to their table and mayhem begins. The man at the head of the table is getting madder and madder as he looks around. I can't believe we are at this buffet and they don't give us silverware. What are we supposed to eat with? Our hands? He is getting louder and louder. The silverware was on the table the whole time rolled up in a red cloth napkin. He finally said I am going to find the waiter and give him a piece of my mind. I am not going to pay for this food if they can't give me silverware when I need it.

So he walks over to the small waiter and begins in on him. How do you expect me to eat and on and on. The waiter said I will go back to the table with you. He said I don't want to go to my table I want silverware and to be able to eat. The waiter is trying to convince him to get to the table.

Now the manager hears all of it (I am so beyond excited at this point) and he says how can we help you? I need silverware to eat don't I? Said the man- Well I don't have any. The manager says the same thing if you walk over to the table with me I will help you. Why do you want me to walk over to the table? The man is beyond mad.

At this point the waiter does not care if he makes the man look silly as others look on- he just wants it to be over with. The reason all of us are asking you to walk over to the table is because the red napkins on your table have the silverware in the middle of them. Un-roll the napkin and your silverware will be there. The man is now huffy, embarrassed, and walking back to his table turns around and says- well why didn't you just tell me that in the first place? How are people supposed to know that you are hiding their silverware? Do you provide maps?

-----------
"As it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Corinthians 2:9

-----------
How many times has the Lord served us a blessing - it lies right in front of us...and we just don't see it. We think it should be packaged in a certain way, have certain stamps of approval on it, be the way you we have always gotten it, so we walk right past it. He has gone out of his way to set a table before us, to have everything that we need provided be provided for us. Yet we sit down, give our walk with God a once over, and go to him complaining that he did not give us what we needed.

Here is what he says about us....

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV)Jer. 29:11

The LORD is the giver of every good and perfect gift. Why don't you sit back today. Unroll your napkin of his grace, and use the very tools he has put in your hands! He is your provision!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That settles it, tomorrow, I am searching for silverware.