I am blessed today because I believe:
- That my husband sits and daydreams about me all day at work.
- That my house is going to clean itself.
- That my groceries are going to appear in my cupboard and auto-organize themselves in alphabetical order.
- That my
co-workerdog is going to clean up her own potty.
- That my desk is going to explode and the particles will re-adhere and suddenly everything will be in it's place.
- That all of the work I have to do this weekend will be completed with the flash of a wand.
- That the 67 emails in my in-box will be answered.
- That the 4 voice-mails will handle themselves.
- That my girls will never desire to leave home or marry- they will want to live with their Momma and tell her how amazing she is daily.
It's fun daydreaming isn't it? I can sit here in la-la land all day long and believe whatever I want- but alas my Grandmother and Mother taught me better. "But faith without works is death." James 2:26 Another great one my Grandmother and Mother passed along was - "Whatever your hands find to do- do it with all your might." Ecc. 9:10
So even though I have paused to look at look at pretty pictures and imagine my work away- I am still responsible to get up off my fluffy bottom and do it. A while ago a friend called me to come to her home. She needed to "talk". I went to I went to her home. When I arrived I was met by mounds of dirty dishes in her sink on her counter tops. Now let me insert here- I am not-a-judging as my house is like this a lot! She told me- I have been praying that God would give me the desire and strength to clean this up- but it just hasn't happened yet. The bad news about that day was that I had not stopped to attach my "Sweet Mouth Filter". I quickly said, "Sometimes the Lord gives us the common sense to know we have to get up and clean our house before our friends- the rodents and insects take over." I think this caught both of us off guard. One of those- Did those words just fly out of my mouth things.
Every once in a while I get a good reminder from the Lord that there is a time and season for everything. Right now it not the time for day-dreaming it is a time for taking up the reigns of the battles I am facing and pray them through. WITH GOD nothing is impossible. I believe that GOD is able. I am going to have the victory. (jumping off my little platform- as I was just -a - preaching- to-myself- there)
Have a blessed weekend. I don't stop enough to say thank for stopping by this little blog. You all are amazing and I thank you for each comment, note, and email!